NAHJ Student Bootcamp
Biscayne Ballroom – InterContinental Miami
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 – 9:30 am – 4 pm
Journalism Students! Join us for the 2nd Annual NAHJ Student Bootcamp on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at the InterContinental Miami.
During this day-long program, you’ll gain valuable insights on internships, how to get the most out of the conference, tips for meeting with recruiters and how to craft an elevator speech. You’ll also hear from top journalists in the field about what it’s actually like to do their job.
The program topics are:
- Social Media/Ethics: Yes, They Really Do Check Your Profile
- Navigating the Conference
- Turning a Chance Encounter into a Lead: Your Elevator Speech
- Getting the Most out of Your Internship
- What Recruiters are Looking For
This free, pre-conference session is open to all college journalism students. Students do not have to be registered for the conference, but seating is limited, so we recommend arriving early. Check in begins at 9:30 am.